U.S. Federal Solutions, Inc.(USFS) is management consulting firm with offices and staff in the DC metro area. USFS offer scom positive salaries and the full suite of employer paid benefits to include a 401k Plan with employer matching contributions.USFS was founded in 2010 and provides strategic planning, performance management, program management, and administrative support services to federal and state governments.
USFS seeks a junior to mid-level Business Development Manager with 4+ years of proven business development experience in the federal sector. The successful candidate will execute USFS business development strategy, lead customer engagements, opportunity identification, qualification, across the federal sector with emphasis at DoD and DHS. Research, Capture, and Call Planning/Execution are critical skills. Serving as a people manager for USFS project resources will be a collateral duty.
USFS wants candidates who possess an entrepreneurial spirit. The professional who brings energy and a proven track record of winning business. This role requires someone who is passionate about winning work, competitive, excited about the mission, quick on their feet, and can think strategically. We are looking for a BD Manager who understands all facets of the business development lifecycle from opportunity identification, the development of capture strategies, and leadership during the proposal development process.
The BD Manager will work closely with Client/Service Delivery leaders to expand their current customer base and identify strategic clients and deals to target.
- Active Secret Clearance Desired
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years of experience in executing strategy and identification and qualification for complex, prime integration services experience in the federal services marketplace.
- Current knowledge of DHS, DoD, VA, and/or the Intelligence Community, including existing customer and industry peer relationships.
- PMP or PgMP Certification Desired.
- Demonstrate understanding of the general federal market and target departments/agencies.
- Recent, successful BD experience at one or more of these departments is required.
- Proven ability to close federal contracts as a prime and sub-contractor.
- Ability to leverage existing USFS partnerships across small, medium, and large businesses and build new partnerships across all business sizes.
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and interpersonal skills needed to communicate effectively and persuasively with personnel at all levels, both in customer spaces and within USFS.
- Basic knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and agency-specific contracting, acquisition trends, and customer buying behaviors.
- Identify and target specific agencies for growth opportunities based on past performance and contract placement.
- Familiar with major Federal government procurement strategies (T&M, FFP, performance-based) and contract vehicles (GWACs/IDIQs).
- Previous experience identifying and tracking business opportunities.
- Able to analyze opportunities and solicitations and appropriately assess their value to the company, and resource requirements.
- Effective communication skills and excellent analytical, organizational, workflow, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to cultivate solid, productive working relationships with internal managers, staff, and peers as well as partners and consultants, and facilitate collaboration towards innovative solutions.
- Willing to Travel, as required, to support Business Development and the needs of the business. The expected volume of travel annually is 20-30%.
- Attend Conferences, Trade Shows, and Customer events to represent USFS business interests.
- Personnel Management responsibilities are a collateral duty for a select sub-set of the delivery personnel.
- Other duties as assigned by the VP of Sales and Delivery
- Support strategic planning and positioning for USFS, with an emphasis on winning business by delivering differentiated capabilities from USFS’s solutions portfolio.
- Apply USFS/Industry procedures and best practices to personally identify and qualify opportunities and thereby meet goals for pipeline sufficiency and quality.
- Responsible for continuous monitoring of USFS opportunity sources including:
- GSA GWACs (e.g., OASIS, Multiple Award Schedule (MAS)
- USFS DWACs
- and others as directed.
- Maintains SalesForce CRM system to include entering/importing sales pipeline information, designing and generating SalesForce CRM reports, and finding new ways to leverage SalesForce capabilities into our current processes.
- Support post-qualification capture and proposal development for approved opportunities, particularly in the areas of customer engagement; teaming; and coordination with internal business development and sales resources.
- Provide proposal development and proposal management support.
- Establish leads/contacts with potential customers, develop and provide company awareness/capabilities briefings, attend marketing/business development conferences/seminars, provide information for bid/no bid decision making, and help develop/foster teaming arrangements with other companies.
- Prioritize and lead capture efforts.
- Assist in the development of marketing and promotional materials and proposal development.
Office Hours, Location, and Travel:
- Remote (Eastern time zone preferred)
- Normal office hours are 08:00 to 17:00 Monday through Friday.
- Willing to Travel, as required, to support Business Development and the needs of the business.
- The expected volume of travel annually is 20-30%.