U.S. Federal Solutions, Inc. (USFS) is management consulting firm with offices and staff in the DC metro area. USFS was founded in 2010 and provides financial management, acquisition management, program management, and data analytic support services to federal and state governments. Additional details are provided at www.usfederalsolutions.com
As a member of a contractor team, candidates will support financial audit and audit remediation support to a federal government agency.
- US Citizenship.
- Fully adjudicated DoD Clearance at the SECRET level or higher.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or completed required Accounting coursework for CPA exam eligibility (Financial Audit).
- Bachelor’s degree (General) for IT Audit. Accounting or Information Systems preferred.
- CPA or CISA required.
- Five+ years of progressive experience performing financial statement audits / examinations / reviews.
- Strong technical accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP and Federal Accounting standards.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation skills. Ability to travel across US and potentially global locations.
- Supervise the day to day execution of one or more engagements.
- Ability to independently operate.
- Review client deliverables and audit workpapers.
- Work with partners and senior managers to determine proper accounting treatment of various issues that arise during an audit.
- Communicate on a daily basis with client management and process owners.
- Develop audit workpapers and client deliverables.
- Review and evaluate risk, document and assess key controls, document and assess process flows and identify significant accounting issues.
- Communicate potential audit and accounting issues.
- Understand GAAP in relation to Federal entities and be able to read and understand federal financial statements.
- Identify and communicate accounting and auditing matters to senior associates, managers and partners.
- Assist in the develop of proposals and thought leadership documentation.