U.S. Federal Solutions, Inc.(USFS) is management consulting firm with offices and staff in the DC metro area. USFS offer scom positive salaries and the full suite of employer paid benefits to include a 401k Plan with employer matching contributions.USFS was founded in 2010 and provides strategic planning, performance management, program management, and administrative support services to federal and state governments.
USFS seeks a mid-career level Service Delivery Manager with 4+ years of proven delivery leadership experience in the federal sector. The successful candidate will lead a portfolio of service engagements across the federal sector with an emphasis on DoD and DHS. Program, Project, Customer, and Personnel management are critical skills. Serving as a people manager for USFS project resources will be a collateral duty.
USFS wants candidates who possess an entrepreneurial spirit. The professional who brings energy and a proven track record of managing delivery while organically growing the business. This role requires someone who is passionate about delivering excellence and winning new work. The candidate should be competitive, excited about the mission, quick on their feet, and can think strategically. We are looking for a Service Delivery Manager who understands all facets of the service delivery model. We are seeking a leader of leaders who can also support the BD proposal development process.
The Service Delivery Manager will work closely with Business Development leaders to expand their current contract and identify strategic clients and deals to target.
- Active Secret Clearance Desired (ability to obtain is required)
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years of experience in leading multiple small to mid-sized delivery teams (1-20 headcount) of
- Demonstrate understanding of the general federal market and target departments/agencies.
- Current Project Management Institute PMP or PGMP certification
- Management Consulting services contracts in the federal services marketplace.
- Current knowledge of DHS, DoD, VA, and/or the Intelligence Community.
- Recent, successful SDM experience at one or more of these departments is required.
- Proven ability to manage federal contracts as a prime and sub-contractor.
- Ability to leverage existing USFS partnerships across small, medium, and large businesses and build new partnerships across all business sizes.
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and inter-personal skills needed to communicate effectively and persuasively with personnel at all levels, both in customer spaces and within USFS.
- Familiar with major Federal government procurement contracts (T&M, FFP, performance-based) and contract vehicles (GWACs/IDIQs).
- Strong communication skills and excellent analytical, organizational, workflow, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to cultivate solid, productive working relationships with internal managers, staff, and peers as well as partners and consultants, and facilitate collaboration towards innovative solutions.
- Attend Conferences, Trade Shows, and Customer events to represent USFS business interests.
- Other duties as assigned by the VP of Sales and Delivery
- Assumes overall responsibility for the successful delivery of all USFS contracts.
- Support strategic planning and positioning for USFS, with an emphasis on Delivery Excellence.
- Organically grow our portfolio by assisting the BD team in winning new business by delivering differentiated capabilities from USFS’s solutions portfolio.
- Apply USFS/Industry procedures and best practices to ensure delivery excellence, contract compliance, and delivery quality.
- Support customer engagement; teaming; and coordination with internal business development and sales resources.
- Establish leads/contacts with customers, support developing and delivering company awareness/capabilities briefings to clients.
- Personnel Management responsibilities are a collateral duty for a select sub-set of the delivery personnel.
Office Hours, Location, and Travel:
- Remote (Eastern time zone preferred)
- Normal office hours are 08:00 to 17:00 Monday through Friday.
- Willing to Travel, as required, to support Business Development and the needs of the business.
- The expected volume of travel annually is 20-30%.